Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Let it Rain- Summer Tennis




Why I Hate Ladies Summer Night League






It's just too hot, during the day, to play tennis in the summer (I live in Orlando)…  So, I always think... "ok I'll play evening tennis."  Not a good idea.  I will NEVER and I mean NEVER, EVER, EVER sign up for summer evening tennis again.  It rains every Thursday evening in Orlando.  Not until about 6:00-6:30, or perhaps right at 7:00 just as you arrive to the courts.  It ruins my whole day.  Waiting all day, watching the weather, hoping it won't rain, can't get on with my evening either way.  Then as it gets closer just hoping it would hurry up and rain so I do not have to get dressed.  Then as soon as I change my clothes and head to my car…. IT RAINS!!!!!   ARGGGHHHHHH!!!  Or worse than that is when I'm half way to the courts and receive a text, (which I can't read cause I'm driving), saying…. rain out~ sorry ladies.  Which I already knew was going to happen, thanks to my radar app that I have been staring at since 3:30 pm.  DOUBLE  ARGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!








Top 5 Things to Beat the Summer Tennis Rain Showers…..


1. Do not watch the weather~ just wait for the ridiculously late cancelation phone call.

2. Never get dressed before 6:15... perhaps even 6:30.

3. Plan your day as if you are NOT playing tennis that evening.

4. Make a great dinner for your family, odds are you will be joining them.

5. Have a glass of wine (or beer) at 5:30, either way it makes the entire evening better!
  
5 1/2.  If you already made it to the courts and it has started to rain… go ahead and have drinks with your friends~ enjoy the evening off !!!  





Bring on the Fall Season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment