Thursday, February 21, 2013

Get real with your tennis bag ladies

5 things that should be in your tennis bag!
I have seen many articles on the items you should have in your tennis bag.  These typically suggest things like rackets, sunscreen, and towels!  Duh.  I don't even know why I read articles like that.  However, over the years of playing ladies team tennis, I have found that there are many things that are quite handy to have in your bag that these other articles overlook.   Let's keep it real ladies, we need lots of products that help us look good, feel good and help to win our matches on the court.  So here's my take on the top 5 must haves in your bag.  

1. Body spray... peew We are all busy women, we have lives out side of tennis i.e.. lunch with the  team, grocery, dry cleaners, bank and pick up kids.  No one has time to go straight home!  Body Spray is a must!  We gotta keep it smelling fresh and good.  Trust me, the cashier at the grocery will thank you.  (http://www.bathandbodyworks.com)

2. Flip Flops. It's all about protecting the pedi.  As I have covered in another article, you must have a pair of slides or flip flops in you tennis bag.  An extra pair of socks would be nice too.  Every woman must take their tennis shoes off right after their  match.  Ugly toes and feet are something we all can avoid.  So protect those toes, change your shoes, it will allows your toenails to stay hard. (nike.com)


3. Rosin Bag. One of my favorite bag items is the rosin bag!  Keeping with our goal of looking good, playing well looks good and feels oh so nice.  Well keeping your hands dry helps to ensure proper grip for each shot.  Grip wraps certainly help, but even these can be overloaded with perspiration making the racket hard to handle.  The rosin bag is a bit of an old school item, but it is tried and true.   I say reload your hands, with your rosin bag, in between your change overs. I do it and it helps!!



4. Ibuprofen.  It's a girls best friend.  It helps with the wine hangover as well as all of the aches and pains that occur from all of the action on the court.  If you don't need it, someone on your court will.  I know we all are going for the sportsmanship award and Miss Congeniality, so share with your friends, opponents and team.  It's the right thing to do.



5. Tape measurer.  Did I just say that??  Yes I did!!  I can't tell you how many times I walk out on the court and at least one of the four ladies is complaining about the net being too high, never too low always too high.  I think this happens at least once a month.  Sometimes they run off to the pro shop to get someone to measure.  When ladies start whining about the net being too high, it is oh so nice to pull out an old cloth tape measurer out of my bag.  Heaven forbid that the net not be regulation (3 feet).   I swear I know where 3 feet hits on my body, but no one ever takes my word for it.  So I say... Lets all get a tape measurer~ it just makes sense!!! Put in in your bag! (http://www.rallytennis.com/Tennis_Net_Height_Measure_Chain_p/g539.htm)


51/2. A wine corkscrew. You never know when you are going to need it.  Its great to be the gal that is always prepared.

2 comments:

  1. I'm liking the new Cassanova Black :)
    https://courtcouturetennis.com/tennis-tote-bags-cassanova/Cassanova-Black-Pebble-designer-tennis-bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty of room for a corkscrew!!!
    https://courtcouturetennis.com/index.php?route=common/home

    ReplyDelete