Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Gisele's Tennis Today

There was NO tennis for Gisele today!!!! 



And it has been kinda of nice.  I so needed this Christmas break.  During my time off I am reflecting on the way women interact on a tennis team, it has me sad.  This is a team sport, where all of us take time away from our families, jobs, school, etc.  It just seems like everyone should just enjoy this time of exercise and fellowship with their teammates, their tennis friends.  But it is not always that way. :(  Which has caused me to step down as captain of my more competitive team, not because I don't love it.  I do love it, many aspects.  I love "most" of the other captains (hee hee) and I love our camaraderie before and after a match.  I love recapping the week of tennis in silly funny emails.  I love the Christmas parties and the lunches.  I do love these teams.  However, something has changed, and I do not really like it.



My grandma used to say a few bad apples can spoil the bunch and I'm afraid that this metaphor applies to my team situation.  I'm feeling rotten inside and I do not want to be captain anymore.  I like people to like me.  It matters to me.   It's a shame that when you volunteer for a position, give freely of your time, people find ways to be negative and to criticize the job you're doing.  I know this happens in all aspects of our lives... jobs, PTA, church groups~ not just in ladies tennis.  But for now I'm just tired :(



So, now that I have that off of my chest... decision made... I'm just going to try be like all the other players on the team, just a player.  Show up on match day, play.  Go to clinic if I want, stay home and clean the house, if I'd rather.  Will someone step up to do my old job? Maybe, maybe not.  But my core, my sweet little apple core, will feel better. Life is too short. I want to love tennis again.   Cause Gisele LOVES tennis!!!   






Too much wine drinking and it is only Tuesday.  
Trying to take the night off.  



No comments:

Post a Comment